I made it to my dentist shortly after 8:30 and, as I expected, it didn't go well. When she was done with me I had an appointment for next Thursday morning with an oral surgeon. They are going to knock me out and pull two teeth. Then I will get a bridge. On my bottom set of teeth, in the back on each side on the gums, they noted white spots. For now they are calling them calluses. Thinking that is where I chew my food to avoid the two teeth they are going to pull. They will watch them through future visits and if there is any change they will want to biopsy them.
I then rushed to Bob's doctors office and around 11:15 I went in to a little consulting area to hear the doctors instructions with him. All went well and a follow up appointment was made for six weeks. When we finished running our errands, it was almost two when we got home. He felt great and called a few people to tell them. I read for a while and dozed on the couch for a few minutes. I woke at 5:30 and found him laying down on the bed. The back ache was back. He went to the living room, and when I got up at 8;30 he was laying on the couch and in pain. He had taken 2 Tylenol with no results. I told him to call his doctor as they had told him they took calls 24/7. He didn't argue, so you know he was miserable. The doctor said maybe it was spasms and called in a prescription for pain pills and told him to try a heating pad. If still hurting in the morning to call again. He took the pain pills and used the heating pad.
About 9:15 his friendly "Roto Rooter" from Georgia called to check on his progress. Bob didn't even feel like joking with him. Now really !! All of you who know Bob, know he must have been miserable !!
When I left for work, he thought he was feeling better. At 7:30 this morning when I got home from work he was definitely better, but the back ache is not gone. I don't know what the day will bring.
I got to work and at 11:00 we had our "safety huddle". Some nonsense the company insists on. It is also a time when announcements are made.
We were told they are surplussing 8 people in the department. Lack of work. Of course, that includes me. No job. I will go in next Wednesday morning to see what job in the plant my seniority will hold. This could be very UGLY.........
If anyone thinks this was a good day, I would hate to see what a bad day is.
3 comments:
WOW it is time for a change. Too much trama in your lives the last few months. Glad Bob is feeling better and I hope the pain is completely gone by the end of today.
Bobbie, I hate to hear your job is on the line again. Enough is enough.
Donata
This entire week belongs in the crapper...
I agree. It all should go to the crapper.
-Kellie
Post a Comment