Nov 10, 2008

Survived !!!

We had Dan's three boys yesterday while Mom and Dad went to get groceries at the new Wal Mart near us. They were gone 2 1/2 hrs.

Total crying time for Peyton ??? Less than 10 minutes. The first time he was just tired and crabby. Picked him up and cuddled for a couple of minutes and he was out. Only slept for thirty minutes . Wish I had had my play pen set up and I think he would have had a decent nap. Still woke up in a good mood.

The second time was later when he just decided he could take what Damien was playing with and not have to share. Grandma said no !!! He threw himself off of the couch and landed on the floor between it and the ottoman. He started screaming. I was careful to make sure he could hear me above his noise, and I said, no problem... Keep on screaming !!! Two or three minutes later after being ignored, he got tired of that and took off to explore. Of course he got into some of Grandma's No Nos, but he hasn't learned what is off limits yet. At least my Jewel Tea didn't get touched !

Soon Mom showed up and he was safe. They didn't stay too long after that as Grandma had to go to bed for her third shift nap.

All in all, I thought it was a successful attempt at breaking him from Mommy's hip. We will keep trying this at various times until maybe, just maybe, he will realize that he can survive without Mom for a few hours.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Good one mom!

-Kellie