I have not posted in some time. As you may have guessed by my post title, my new job didn't go so well.
Men. (What 2 people in my department think they are.) Because I try to keep my language and comments in the general area of family conversation, I will not put into words what I think they are.
When they heard I bumped into the department, they made it known to many that they were going to see to it that I didn't qualify. If that were to happen, I would be out the door with no job.
One of them was to train me on third shift no less. I finally went to the Union Hall and said I would not, could not let him train me. I went to first shift where I had 2 great guys training me.
I almost made myself sick each day having to go to work. I quit eating and got very little sleep. The stress of being afraid I would run into one of them and wether or not I could physically do the job was getting to me. I would come home from work and actually start counting the hours until I would have to go back to work.
I started thinking about what I would need to do to get a job outside of the plant. First I would need 2 good feet. I saw a surgeon and on Dec.13 I had surgery on my right foot.
I will be out on hospital pass for eight weeks. Then my left foot. Eight more weeks.
Maybe my seniorty won't hold that _ _ _ _ job when I get back.
I hope.
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about the job - glad surgery went well on the first foot!
I have been wanting to tell you about a "picture" in my latest H&GP catalog...the first time I saw it - it reminded me of you...
it says...
"The man who said it can't be done...should not interrupt the woman doing it"
May 2009 bring you more joy and happiness~!!!
Love it June and I used it today !
Thanks
Post a Comment