Saturday morning, sitting at the kitchen table in jammies, sipping coffee with hair going in all directions and Bob calmly tells me he has had blurred vision and a headache since last night.
I don't know if presentable even describes me but 15 minutes later we were out the door and headed for the emergency room.
As we walked in, me limping, the nurses hurried to get me a wheel chair. I said I wasn't the one needing a doctor. I needed to have my husband checked for a possible stroke. They left me standing and took Bob right away. After the paper work they took me back to him.
After bloods tests, a cat scan, an EKG, 2 tylenol and five hours, they let him go home. Diagnosis: Migraine. Neither Bob nor I agree with that.
I wasn't at all impressed with the doctor. By the time he finnally came in to see Bob, he wasn't even aware of how high Bob's blood pressure was when I brought him in. Didn't have the information where he could read it and as far as we know, never did go somewhere to check Bob's vitals.
We left feeling somewhat assured that he was ok, and promply went to Carlos O"kellys and had an outrageously unhealthy late lunch.
Later, feeling greatly releived and having had a good meal, I started in on Bob again. I told him in no uncertain terms was he to wait twelve hours and then off handedly tell me symtoms like that. These things I need to know ASAP! Leave the unimportant (diarrea kinda things) details for later. Not blurred vision with a headache! I threatened him with verbal AND physical abuse if he did it again ! Sorta felt like I was talking to one of my kids 35 years ago. I hope he listens better than they did.
It is 4 AM Easter Sunday morning and Bob seems ok. I know because I checked on him. He said he was fine and had been up twice to pee. Not the information I was after but his speech was good and he was laughing so I am not worried. It occured to me to check around the stool, but with guys that wouldn't neccessarily indicate a vision problem.
Bob's blood pressure cuff is on the kitchen table and he is checking it often. He is going to see his own doctor tomorrow and then I will feel better.
For now, don't worry. All seems well and any further symptoms will be handled immediately!
9 comments:
Let me know what his REAL doctor says! For those readers, I didn't care for the ER Dr. either!
By the way, I made the previous post...
-Kellie
Oh, Dad! I know my kids are a strain, but really, stroke symptoms?
I guess it's a good thing I'm still 'young.'
What was his blood pressure? Mine was 200 when I had my TIA in October. My ER doctor was certainly aware of my vitals. Wonder what this doc lives on????
Donata
Sister, I wasn't impressed with him. When he said dad had a migraine, the nurse even rolled her eyes. I don't think she was buying it.
According to mom, his B/P was high.
-Kellie
Bobs bp was 177/69. He has it taken evey day at St. E's when he works out. It has been a long time since it has been that high.
I still can't beleive that doctor. No wonder he doesn't have a private practice.
He doesn't belong in ER either, where many life or death situations occur. I wonder what he would do with heart attack symtoms? Say it is indigestion?
Donata
Good thing you are looking after him - take care of each other and keep us posted on updates.
God bless.
jbug
Mom's all over it. She gave Dad a lecture on communicating weird symptoms...immediately!
-Kellie
Post a Comment