May 11, 2009

BACKFIRED !

At this time I am sitting on my kitchen table writing. My screen door is propped open.

We have this problem every spring. Black birds! They want to make nests in our grill. I found them at it Saturday morning! There are two perfectly sized holes, one on each side of the grill. Guess they think they could have a front and a back door.

This morning I heard them out there. When I looked I could see Bob had the holes blocked with spatulas. The birds were still there and trying to get in.

Herein lies my predicament.

I thought I could get a picture of the buggers. I can hear them making scratching noises on the grill when they come. I decided to get my camera, prop screen door open and play hearts until I heard them. At that time, I planned to sneak to the door and catch them in the act.

As I was listening and the computer was whooping me, something ran like &%$# from the living room, across my foot and outside.

It was a rabbit. I think. I am sure of it. It was fast! Scared me to death!

Now I am sitting here with door open. Waiting.

Are there any more?

4 comments:

Colleen said...

The rabbit came from your living room and through the kitchen and out your door?

Really, I am confused! Do you think it came in, looked around, then headed out, or do you think it's living there?

Maybe it was just an oversized dust-bunny?

Bobbie said...

He (if it was a rabbit) snuck in and I didn't hear him. Then IT made a very hasty retreat!

Anonymous said...

Ha!

-Kellie

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment at your house!!! Arvid says to send confirmation by photo ASAP!!!
I really liked Colleen's oversized dust bunny!!!!! Sherry