After Thanksgiving, Christmas came fast ----- only to be postponed until the 27th.
NEVER have we done this before because of the weather. People, it just wasn't fit for anybody to leave a nice safe warm home and try to go somewhere, and I am talking about people who live right here in town!
As you can see by the pictures, the guys still got their loot. (Grandma and Grandpa didn't do too bad either.) It was still a bitter cold nasty night, so everybody headed home early.
Then came Grandpa's never ending bowl games. It seemed like the only 'important' one took forever to to get here. For those of you who didn't hear, the Huskers spanked Arizona in our bowl game. Love those Huskers!
On January 4th, Shannon had a birthday. She turned the ripe old age of 37. I don't know where those years went. I remember it like it was yesterday.
Since then I have been waiting. Waiting for something to happen. Nothing ever does. I spend my time doing pretty much nothing and I gravitate to the couch when I need to put up my foot.
Maybe I will get motivated to blog a little more as I do have some pictures I want to post.
Hope you all have a happy New Year !!
7 comments:
Colleen - Why do you think Casey's picture was from some St. Pattys day?
Bobbie...I'm so glad to see you posting again!!!
Jackie
Actually, I had the year off. I think it was 1984. I know it was St. Patty's Day, because there were a series taken that day, same outfits and all, and Dad's beard is green in the pictures that include him.
I have no idea who the perfect couple in the corner are, but I must say, seeing you finally post is a shocka!!!
Loretta and Sonny Hiebert, July 1949 , Day Studio Hebron Nebraska Jerry
Glad to see you posting again. What a handsom group of grandsons.
I had been wondering if Nebraska was in a bowl game. Thanks for updating me.
Donata
Whoops, missed the picture of Casey.. I'll have to go see.
-Kellie
Who's behind Casey? I see a Lincoln East Jacket, but can't place the person.
-Kellie
Post a Comment