I have "IT".
Cholesterol that is.
Two weeks ago I went in for for lab work. Two days later I got a call from my doctors office. "We need to schedule an appointment to discuss your levels".. I says sure. I went in at 8:45 Monday morning and got the "good" word. Bad is 240 or above. 200 is ok. I am at 230. He tells me I have 6 months to get my act together, gives me literature, (diet to follow) and sends me home. Only I don't go home. I go to Village Inn to meet Bob, Meg, Barb and Ginny for breakfast. I order butter milk pancakes. They said small or large. I say small. I am not even thinking of cholesterol. I am thinking at least two dinner plate sized pancakes. They bring me these incredibly small (3 baby pancakes) on a huge plate!! I wanted my cholesterol !! I was done before anybody even started eating. And hungry. When I got home I skimmed the info my doctor gave me. My first, and only, reaction was NO WAY !!. Don't know who came up with these guidelines but that diet is not possible for someone like me who grew up on a farm. Meat, (fried), potatoes and gravy. Bacon and eggs with toast swimming in home made butter. And egg jam !! None are allowed. Can you believe, limit red meat? I told my friend at work last night that it was not so bad. When I got done cooking my beef, it wasn't red, so I was in luck. She laughed at me and I am not sure why.
3 comments:
Geez, 230! Who's is higher, yours or dad's? Like I tell Denny, grilled fish with lemon, broccoli, and maybe some fiborous bread is what he is supposed to eat! It's hard when you are raised meat and potatoes. So, how was your glucose levels, and how are my aunts doing?
-Kellie
Welcome to the Cholesterol Club!! I'm on a Cholesterol med now and Arvid has been on one for a while. I still eat like I want, just take the med. sherry
I like your comment about no red meat - I will have to share that with my hunny and g-ma.
Take your meds.
Good luck.
j
Post a Comment