Nov 12, 2008

SER, MES, PRT

My new job.

There was very very very ugliest, very very ugliest and very ugliest to chose from.

Ser,Mes Prt. According to some, comes in at a mere very ugliest. (Depends if you talk to a man or woman.)

Service long V's: A healthy strong man would say, "go for it". Any woman in her right mind ( and most men) would say, "Don't even try".

Cure, blah, blah something long V's: A woman would say, " Forget it". A man would say, "Go for it". A lot of "butt" time. Loooong cure times. But.... There are five presses to run, three panels on three of the machines are the same and the other two machines have panels different. Hot. Dirty. Long reaches into hot molds to place the belts. Burns. If you build and cure slabs as opposed to belts, can be very heavy!

Ser, Mes Prt: The poll on this one is about 50 - 50 between men and women. Since I had no choice in the matter, I took it. I heard it is building and curing big belts. (Non automotive) Machinery type. Again, hot, heavy and nothing to look forward to. The only plus is, (and a lot of you won't understand), 3T3rd. I will train on third and hold third shift. The important thing to remember is, if it is a very physical job, hard, dirty and hot, do it on THIRD shift!!! Come June, July and August it will mean a slight difference in the temperature on the shift you can hold. Example: Second shift could be 120 degrees in the plant, first could be 115 degrees, and third could be 110. When you go outside for breaks, you won't have that sun beating down on you. You might even catch a slight breeze. Since I have spent the last 5 summers in the plant out of the heat, it could be very important !!!

Ser, Mes Prt: My new job. I go to on third shift Sunday night at 11:00. In layman terms.. Transmission.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

At least you got third! Think about it, you won't freeze your butt off all winter, at least until break time!

JunesHGP said...

Even with my dad working there as long as he has - this sounds like a foreign language to me.

I think to understand ANYTHING at Goodyear - you have to work there - and even then somethings happen that are unexplainable!!

Stay Warm!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your first night onyour new job. Looking forward to a blow by blow discription.

Donata

Anonymous said...

You have been on your new job aweek now. Hope you are OK. Donata

JunesHGP said...

Bobbie - did 'goodyear' swallow you whole?
Where are you now?!?!?!?

Miss hearing from ya!!


happy thanksgiving

JunesHGP said...

Bobbie - are you alive down there????????

Still miss hearing from you -
and Bob....

Merry Christmas and God send you guys a Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

Colleen said...

Hello... I know you have nothing but time on your hands... post something! Anything!

Let people know you're still alive and sporting an awesome red cast on your smashed foot!