Last Thursday morning I decided I was going to conduct my own experiment.
The swelling in my foot has not been getting any better so I laid down on the couch, took the @%&# boot off, threw it across the room and waited. Except for brief trips around the house, I stayed there.
Eighteen hours later (3 am Friday morning), I was amazed at the difference in my foot. I could even tell I had an ankle. I wanted to wake Bob up and show him ! It was hard, but I restrained myself and relaxed and worked on a jig saw puzzle.
@%&#! By 11 am it was swelling good, and really wasn't comfortable. My foot was ice cold and turning dark blue. Back to the couch. Back into the boot.
By 3pm, I had a little bitty welt. By 3:15 I had a lot of welts and they were growing fast. I took one of my pills, smeared some of that lotion on and hollered at Bob. By this time, one welt measured 1" by 2" and they were driving me crazy!
As soon as I could get to the car, we took off for my doctors walk in clinic. By the time we got there, thanks to that little pill, the welts were starting to recede. The Doctor told me to take one pill a day whether I had welts or not !! He gave me some more of those wonderful little things.
He also told me to talk too my surgeon when I see him Wednesday and discuss the boot. He thought maybe I had built up some tolerance against it, and then I blew it.
Back to the couch. Back in the boot. Welts are gone.
For now.
No comments:
Post a Comment