Apr 29, 2009

Bob's Diagnosis

Migraine.

Bob saw a vascular surgeon this morning who explained everything.

His symptoms had nothing to do with carotid arteries. Carotid arteries do not cause pain. They do not cause blurred vision. They do cause loss of sight (not permanent), usually in one eye, opposite the side of the blockage. They do cause other stroke symptoms.

He has a 75% blockage of an artery on one side of his neck. It is nothing to worry about now. He will just need to have a yearly checkup.

For now, not to worry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least now you know. I am still glad he had the carotid arteries checked. I have had mine checked every year for several years. Every other year they are both checked and every year the one that has moderate blockage is checked. I had them both checked while in the hospital for my TIA. Either the hospital equipment or the heart care equipment is not calabrated corectly as the hospital one showed both arteries at less than 39%.
I will have them both checked in October at heart care and if it still shows one greater than the other I will inquire about having the equipment checked out. Donata

Colleen said...

:(

Better to be safe than sorry!

Anonymous said...

No kidding. I still think it is bizarre that a 72 year old man that has never had a migraine all the sudden got one. Plus Dad wasn't in excrutiating pain.

-Kellie

JunesHGP said...

Glad we don't need to worry (about BOB anyway). God is good. We'll keep you in our prayers though.

I LOVE your newest comment!! LOVE IT.