Pre-conceived notions.
The setting is "Britain's Got Talent". It is a Simon Cowl production which , for those of you who know his formats, should give you a clue as to what the show is like.
The next contestant is Susan Boyle. A 47 year old, middle aged, unemployed "dowdy" looking woman.
Simon interviews her and she says her dream is to be a professional singer and aspires to be like Elaine Paige, a world renowned British singer.
You see the reaction of the audience, the reaction of the judges and, if you are honest, you totally agree. This is going to be awful.
Then she starts to sing.
SHAME on me.
4 comments:
Thanks for that link. I got a snippet of it on the news and really wanted to hear the whole thing.
Donata
It is beautiful. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
I can't sing THAT good - but it did bring tears to my eyes and gives me hope that one day, when my kids are older, I too, may be able to still pursue my dream of singing on stage!!
God bless her!!!
She was awesomee. I saw it a few day ago.
-Kellie
Post a Comment