Apr 27, 2009

The Nightmare Goes On

To make a long story short and because it would be too complicated to tell anyway, I will just say I saw my new doctor this morning. For the third time.

I had a cat scan Friday morning and got the results today. Surprise! It's not healed!

The REAL surprise. I am back in the boot. For six more weeks.

To add insult to injury, he yanked the toe nail off the big toe on my bad foot. Is there any other foot?

I had never had anything like this done before. I was VERY nervous all morning thinking about what was coming. I ALMOST had a panic attack by the time I sat down in his office.

Now I know why.

Never, EVER again will I let someone do that to me. Three shots. Each worse than the last. The former bunion site was saved for the end. That one almost put me through the ceiling.

We stopped for lunch on the way home. Not because I was hungry but because I had the bright idea to take one of my left over pain pills from the surgery, thinking it would kick in about the time the shots wore off.

Something made me sick. Real sick. I even woke Bob. Can't really believe it was that pill as I took it for a week after surgery and never had this kind of reaction to it. It was a miserable 24 hrs. following the office visit.

Six more weeks in a boot!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Did the nausea finally go away?

Bobbie said...

Wish it had only been nausea.

But yes, IT is gone.

Anonymous said...

What happened to the "old" doctor? Did he fire you or did you fire him or did he just retire?
Donata

Anonymous said...

Hey, you forgot to mention who you hit on while you were waiting for the Dr.?

-Kellie

JunesHGP said...

Funny Kellie - good one.

Bobbie said...

Ignoring Kellie.