Apr 16, 2009

The Sistine Chapel

I received this in an e-mail from Sherry today. It is just amazing.

You MUST look at it. Really, really look at it.

If you look closely at the bottom of the screen you will see 7 directional tabs.

First I went to full screen. Before you do this, remember, when you want to get out of full screen you will have to RIGHT click on it and go to exit full screen.

Then I started playing with it. I zoomed in so close I could actually see the cracks in the ceiling!

If you hold your cursor down on some of the arrows, it will take you on a panoramic tour. You can even feel like you are walking down the isle.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I just got a blank screen.

;(

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Donata

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture Bobbie, I wish that I knew what church it is and where. I know it is not the Sistine Chapel as I have seen it. I suspect that it is a Polish or German church by some of the wording that I can see above the paintings. I cannot translate it but it looks like German to me.There are a lot of side altars which indicates that it is a Monastery church. Those old European churches are an art gallery in itself. It's too bad that the churches in America don't have this kind of art. I guess we are too modern. We saw a lot of similar churches on our tour of Italy a couple years ago. Maybe someone can shed some light on the location
Jerry

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is one beautiful church. I'd love to see it someday, or I'd settle for the Sistene Chapel, if this wasn't it.

-Kellie