Apr 13, 2009

Update

Bob saw his doctor this morning and gave her what information he could. She tried to get him in for a doppler today but couldn't. Her diagnosis, TIA with headache and blurred vision. He will have it done in the morning.

Donata wondered what kind of doctor Bob saw Saturday. Kellie and I were wondering that too and then we REALLY wondered what kind of ambulance service we have around here.

Bob's room was right across the hall from the nurses station and we could hear everything that was going on. Kellie had a clear view of them, but my vision was blocked by the curtain. We heard an ambulance crew on their way in. They had a woman experiencing arm and jaw pain. The nurse asked if this was a cardiac alert. The crew member said, loud and clear, "this is not a cardiac alert". Kellie said the nurses looked at each other and rolled their eyes. I am no longer sure what constitutes a heart problem in women if those signs aren't clear enough.

Jerry once said, if you have to go to the hospital, don't do it on a weekend. He said the only ones working then are those that don't want to be there. I SO believe he is right! (For once.)

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post mom! The only reassuring part about the whole deal yesteday was that the nurse confirmed that dad had a brain... as a result of the CT scan!

She (the nurse) was okay, but I did not have good vibes about the Dr. From everything I've read on the "net" they should have done a doppler yesterday!

Anywho, after reading about the doppler, there should be little chance that Dad will code tomorrow, so I won't join you. However, IF he does, you need to call me ASAP!

-Kells

Colleen said...

Anywho? Kellie, are you suddenly an 80 year old lady from Canada, eh?

I agree with only agreeing with Uncle Jerry once. ;-)