Anyone care to guess what movie I saw?
If you said Star Trek you would be right.
I admit it. I am a "closet" Trekie. The original series ran from 1966 through 1969. Those were good years and I don't think there were many episodes I missed. For the time, it was science fiction at its best for some of us.
Casey also, for some reason, likes Star Trek. He has been telling me for months there would be a Star Trek movie coming out. He asked if I would like to go with him. I said sure, if for no other reason than to get out of the house. (Of course, I didn't say that last part.)
I talked to Colleen this morning and told her, it was THE day. I also told her I thought I would have a hard time watching it with all of my favorite characters being different people. I think my exact words were something like this. It had better have one @$#% of a good plot, because I didn't think I was going to like it!
We got off to a BAD start. I sat down and put my large diet Pepsi in the drink holder. Then Bob got ready to sit down. In the process, he turned to see where his seat was, but forgot to align his butt with it. His butt hit my drink, popped the plastic lid and shot ice cold Pepsi down my crotch. Cold. So was the look I shot him.
Right then I knew this was not going to be something I would enjoy. I knew "my" show was going to be ruined! Spoiled! After all, how can anything even come close to the original?
I loved it! Bob enjoyed it. Casey hated it.
I walked out of the theater 2 hours and 20 minutes later and couldn't believe what time it was.
They were all there. Kirk, Spock, Bones, Scotty, Ohura, Chekov and Sulu.
It was set back in time when they were REALLY young. Why their lives had brought them all together and how each eventually became the main characters in the series. It wasn't really that hard to imagine they were the original characters. For a Trekie, the humor thrown in was hilarious.
How long do I have to wait for the sequel?
Live long and prosper.
8 comments:
Aye aye, Captain.
(Okay, Spongebob quote, but Kirk was the Captain, right?)
Glad you liked it, sorry 'bout the pop in your lap. Heehee...
YOU DON"T KNOW WHO THE CAPTAIN WAS ????????????????
For your info............
The correct reply was,
"Aye captain".
Just bet you are "sorry" about the pop.
Of course I knew who the captain was. In my house, references to the captain come from the Spongebob theme song which is why "Aye, aye Captain!" is on the brain.
Good post mom! Funny though, that Casey hated it. He does have high standards though! Especially when it comes to Star Trek!
-Kellie
When you said you got off to a bad start - I thought you were going to say you "felt up" another stranger!! At least it was just spilled pop!! :0) haha
That had to be rather uncomfortable to sit through.
Glad it was a good show. I remember having to watch it when I was little but don't remember much about it.
Thanks for your vote of confidence June!
(Or lack of it.)
Post a Comment