We are having an event in town. I don't think we have ever had it before.
I personally think it is a great idea.
Many people never get their houses cleaned out and those unwanted items donated to places that could really use it, so gradually it gets put out with the garbage. This in turn just adds more to our landfills.
This Saturday we are having Curb Day. With only a few simple rules, if it is good, usable and not dangerous - put it on your curb.
You can get rid of stuff you no longer want, and for "junkies", you can cruise the the city neighborhoods in search of treasures. Just take what you want.
"FREE"
Drive by garage sales with no money involved.
I might even con Bob into taking me for a drive. All I have to do is figure out how to present it to him so he thinks it is something he wants to do.
Ummmm.
7 comments:
Great idea.
Sadly, in Leavenworth, KS, we had that every week. It was called, "Garbage Day."
Everytime you took anything out to the curb, somebody was going through it within ten minutes.
-Now, off to get ready. I promise.
We do too.
It is called dumster diving.
This guarntees "treasures" without the stigma of dumster diving!
We are having a garage sale here on Saturday. You are welcome to come here and have any thing you want! However, I am not sure if baby items and my old "fat clothing" would be of any interest to you!:-)
I just need to get all the crap out of my garage!!!
Love,
Flea
Jan used to dumpster dive. The goodwill by where she used to work would reject perfectly good stuff and throw it in a garbage dumpster! One a week for lunch she did it! Never would have guessed huh?
I'm curious to see how this works on Saturday! If you see anything you think I'd like, grab it for me!
-Kellie
P.S. Three posts in one day? Love it!
Want to go with me???????????
Mom in a boot driving around crowded curbs and potentially perilous vehicles (maybe even a sheriff's car?) Sounds treacherous!
;-)
Love you!
Can't mom, we are painting bathrooms. Maybe you and Dad should stop by?
-Kellie
Post a Comment