Sep 26, 2009

FOUND TREASURE!
























































I am still finding all kinds of things. I enjoyed reading this and thinking about the people, the dates on the pages and their ages at the time.
You younger people probably have never heard of an autograph book. They were small, about 4x6 inches and you would have people write memories in them for you.
I don't know who made a copy of Ann's or how we got one, but thanks!
Hope all of you enjoy reading it too.

13 comments:

Bobbie said...

Remember to left click on the image and you will be able to read them better.

Colleen said...

Wow! That was interesting, I was trying to figure out what they were, letters while she was in the service or what, but then I read your paragraph. Oops.

Linus, so cool! And Uncle Don, too, Dad should link this at the family site.

Oh, the Sailor and the two boys? I should know this one but once again... no clue.

Anonymous said...

Once again, I'll set Colleen straight. The sailor is Uncle Gene, the oldest of the 2 boys is Uncle Jerry (left), and the youngest is Colleen's father! (Dad to the right, Uncle Jerry to the left).

How'd I do?

-Kellie

p.s. these should go on the family site.

Bobbie said...

Why don't you link it??

Anonymous said...

Kellie nailed it . Uncle Gene was home on leave before he was sent to Moscow. Moscow Idaho that is. He went there for officer training till the war ended. He always said he was stationed aboard the U.S.S. Neversails. Us kids found his leggings that he brought home. we used them to play war. He didn't like seeing them on us. He said they brought back bad memories of Boot Camp.

Old Irish

Anonymous said...

Uncle Gene had a great sense of humor! Yeah, I'm winning the contest. Well, Uncle Jerry is, but I'm beating Colleen!

-Kellie

Anonymous said...

Mom, you are smart! I went to right click on the picture to see what titled it, and it said WON'T FIND THE ANSWER HERE! Too good. You seriously got me and I don't have a darn clue as to who is in that picture!

-Kellie

Bobbie said...

Gotcha Kellie!

Anonymous said...

I must admit that you did. Good one! Kellie: 1 -- Mom: 1

Colleen said...

That's funny, you two!

Anonymous said...

But who are they? Anyone?

-Kellie

Anonymous said...

The lady by the car resembles aunt Mary Prentice, moms oldest sister but I doubt that it is because the car is a 1940 or newer Plymouth or Dodge, judging by the headlights in the fenders. I think by then she was living alone so it must be a Munson. Jerry

Laura said...

My mom (Ellen) says that she is the one who copied them after Grandma died. She thinks she gave them to Jerry initially, but can't remember for sure. She says she may have made a copy for everyone.