Jan 30, 2010

MY DAY

I got a cut and perm today.

My instructions. Not short and not too tight.

OUTCOME:

My hair is as short as it has ever been. It is so tight, my toes are curled. (Except for the five that haven't moved in the last year.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is easy. Meg and Donata I think that was the summer Sara Hiebert brought her accordian and played for us. Very attentive audience. The year listed on the same picture on the family blog is 1961. We changed habits about 4 years later.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bobbie,

I know about bad perms and haircuts. They suck but there is on consolation (as small as it seems) it will grpow with time.
Jackie

PS did you get your wireless set up?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that mom! I also had a bad hair experience last time I got mine cut. I said 1 inch off all over. She took it upon her self to take off anywhere from 2-4 inches, because she thought she needed to put in layers.

I like your new picture too.

-Kellie

Colleen said...

Sorry about the hair, it must be the season or something, if Shannon goes in for some work we could be 4 for 4!

I remember Sister Donata wearing the more modern grey habits, I don't think I've ever seen her in a traditional one!

Anonymous said...

That picture was taken in 1961 over the 4th of July weekend, Janet and I left the day before it was taken and before Loretta and family arrived.I think that is Mikes son Jerry next to him in the picture Grandpa and Linus Swartz are the other adults. Jerry

Anonymous said...

Donata in grey habits???
Coleen must have been color blind in her youth.
When we changed from the long black ones we went to navy blue shorter habits and a simplified veil. From there those who chose went to modern day dress.

After reading Jerry's comment on this blog, I went back and took another look at the picture. I hadn't noticed Mike in the background. I have no idea who the other person is. I could get a magnifing glas and see what I can see but I probably won't. I'll just take Jerry's word for it. Donata

Anonymous said...

JERRY IS PROBABLY RIGHT ON WHO IS IN THE PICTURE WITH MIKE. I think Mikie Joe would have been around 8 or 9 yrs. old then. It's probably Jerry but since he is not apparantly bothering anyone I cant be positive about that. Probably just plotting his next move.

Old Irish