Jan 28, 2010

TIME TO POST

It's been a while. Funny how fast time flies when you don't do anything. I have 2 projects started and finished neither.

In answer to a couple of questions. I believe the snowstorm was about 1974, and that is a guess. The person behind Casey, I believe to be Shannon.

The most exciting thing to happen this week was - Sunshine!! Two days worth !! Very windy and cold, but sunshine never the less.

A week ago Tuesday Casey had a VERY frustrating incident. He left the house Tuesday night to go to work. And couldn't. His car was 'FROZEN' to the street. You read it right. FROZEN. I did NOT say stuck. There is a difference. After trying for some time to get loose, he had to give up and take Bob's car. Wednesday morning he worked over 2 hours trying to break the ice to get it loose. I have never seen anything like it.

The whole week was a nightmare as far as the weather went. Heavy fog every night and very icy streets every morning. I found out the hard way! I had a Dr. appointment that Monday morning at 7:00. With no warning, I hit ice and took my truck for a ride sideways down 70th street. It was a good thing there wasn't anybody in the lane next to me or it could have gotten ugly.

Friday we went to a movie. Casey talked me into it. I knew I probably wouldn't like it, but I was desperate to get out of this house. Avatar. Loved it ! Bob too. With a 2 1/2 hour run time I don't recommend taking children (or adults) who aren't able to sit for a long period of time.

Guess I will go get another cup of coffee and maybe take a stab at one of my projects.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Well at least you've had some excitement lately!

BTW, I have no idea who is in that picture with Leigh, but my guess is that she would be pretty embarrassed to see it.

Bobbie said...

I have 3 more pictures in the series. Each worse than the last one.

Anonymous said...

Well...that's obviously Colleen and Leigh in your new picture spot. Good post. Did Casey's car freeze in a puddle of water then?

-Kellie