We have really had a good winter as far as winters go. In fact you could say it has been great. Just two or three small snows and a lot of days at or above freezing.
The came the weekend of February 4TH.
We got winter all in one day. I have to say we had 12 to 14 inches easy. This was no fine powdery snow. It was was the heavy wet kind. The back breaking kind.
It started sometime late Friday nigh or early Saturday morning. It was pretty much over by Saturday afternoon.
Bob never ran the snow blower dry to empty the gas tank last spring (I doubt we had gas for it anyway) and I have no idea where he put the cord, so it was pretty much a shovel it or wait for summer to melt it.
I went out about noon, and gave Bob instructions to keep the coffee coming. I knew eventually Casey would be out to help me and there was plenty of snow for both of us. I almost gave up when I opened the garage door. I couldn't believe how deep it was.
After about half an hour my neighbor showed up with his snow blower and ordered me into the house. I told him he didn't need to do my driveway and Casey was going to help me but he wouldn't listen.
He started in and Casey came out at the same time. It took a while but they got it done. Then I cleaned off the truck good enough so I could drive it if we needed to get out. Casey dug his car out and got it in the driveway. The snowplows tend to bury vehicles left on the street.
I wish pictures could do the snow justice. It was one of those really pretty snows.
No comments:
Post a Comment