Feb 22, 2009

My Playdate





Dan called one morning not long ago to tell me Raidyn was wanting to see Grandma. I called him to set up a "date". Before we knew it, Grandpa was on the road to pick him up. He wanted to come NOW. Just him and us. No competition. He loved it.

He walked into the house and told me he was starving. (As if he hadn't been fed at home.) He knows we always treat them to happy meals when they come over and I think he wanted to be sure he got one. ( He did finally get one, but later at lunch time.)

He only stayed 3 hours, but I did get my "grandma" fix. He talks not stop. Whatever he is doing, he is talking. Every sentence started like this. Grandma, Grandma - Grandma. I can't even guess how many times he said it.

Before he went home, he made sure to get a promise that he could come back soon. He even picked up all of his toys without being asked. I was so impressed. Bob and I had a great time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's probably good for him to have some one-on-one grandparent time! What a cutie!

-Kellie

Colleen said...

But I want a happy meal too!

Cute pics.

Anonymous said...

He looks so much like Dan!! Sure is cute and quite the typical kid as far as the Happy Meals go. Around here, Grampa gets a little "testy" whenever Happy Meals are mentioned, but the kids get them anyway. Leigh's boys are real cuties,too. Sherry