Mar 4, 2009

Appoinment

I had my doctor's appointment this morning. X-rays are always first. This is the first time since surgery that they were load bearing, meaning they wanted me to put weight on that foot.

The doctor was real pleased with the healing. There is only one spot on top of my foot where the bones aren't completely healed.

I told him about having hives and that it may be from the boot. That isn't really an issue now as he said I could start trying to walk on my foot and wean myself from it when I am able to walk. I can wear any shoe that will be comfortable and I don't need to use the stimulator any more either.

I was weaned the minute I walked in the door at home. I just haven't tried shoes and I don't intend to real soon. I also parked those darn crutches against the wall and I am using Bob's walker.

I can't describe the feeling in my foot. It is still really swollen. Numb is a good description. I don't feel sensation of any kind around the top of my foot when I touch it. It is like it is asleep but not really that either. Best described as like walking on a stump.

I am afraid with so little feeling in my foot and ankle, that I might fall. I really only have the walker there in case, otherwise I am trying to put my full weight on it when I walk.

He thought I would be ready to go to work in a couple of weeks. It will have to get a whole lot better fast for me to be able to do that.

Since I have been off work for more than 30 days, I will have to have and pass a physical given by the plant doctor to get back in the door. Any swelling or limping and I won't make it.

Time will tell.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Yippie! Now get you some GOOD shoes!

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounds like you are on the road to recovery, may be a bumpy road but the end is in sight, with a little bit of luck!!! Sherry