Mar 15, 2009

DELIVERY !!!!







We had a delivery at our house Friday. It was for our anniversary. It had a great assortment of candy bars anchored in a floor of "kisses".

I went to pull out the card and there was three of them. None saying who it was from.

Later, Bob re-checked the envelope and found a fourth. Some " Smart Alec " put four in it !

Thank you Colleen and family.

13 comments:

Colleen said...

Ugg. THAT is not worth $37! Next time I will MAKE it and SHIP it!

Hope you had a nice Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Colleen is a much better daughter than I! I wish I could have seen the 4 cards. Now that is priceless!

-Kellie

Anonymous said...

Uh, Colleen, did they charge you $2.50 per card?

-Kellie

Bobbie said...

The content was great. Who ever put it together had no talent. Not a normal Hy vee arrangement.

Good one Kellie ! maybe thye did charge her per card.

Colleen said...

You can click on the card picture to see them. She was dead on with my "Congratulations, you have no job card." hee-hee

$30 for the 'arrangement,' $7 delivery charge. WHERE IS THE GREEN CELLOPHANE I SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED THE CANDY TO BE WRAPPED IN???

Bobbie said...

No green cellophane.Just a smidgen of pea green tissue in the bottom of the basket.

And a small amount of very inexpensive ribbon to hold it closed.

The appearance didn't mean a thing to dad. He was upset that I made hiim wait 24 hours to open it.

I wanted pictures for you and had to get them loaded first so I knew you were able to see them.

Yes I know. Click on the picture if you want to read the cards.

" Smart Alec ".

You covered just about everything.

If you think about it, you did get your moneys worth !!

Colleen said...

Ma, you're getting good with the italic and the bold codes!

Bobbie said...

Did you doubt ?

Anonymous said...

It's always the thought that counts. Colleen is always good at that!

-Kellie

Anonymous said...

You know, as an afterthought... When we were kids, a candy bar was 25 cents. I STILL remember when TWIX first came out, cause we all got a free sample.

Are candy bars now about a dollar?

-Kellie

Colleen said...

I remember that free sample. We were at the bar and dad got out his pocket knife and cut those two little bars into seven pieces!

I still love Twix!

JunesHGP said...

sounds like something I would do today -
Yes, Kells candy is expensive now...I buy a candy bar, using twix as an example. I get half, and then I split the other half in thirds for the kiddos!!

Anonymous said...

Dagnabit!! I knew I was forgetting something--Hope you had a Happy Anniversary!!! Sorry I don't have enough mind left to remember things like that!!! Maybe next year!!! Love, Sherry