I can't believe we did it ! We had all three of Dan's boys. Over night. That does include Peyton !!!
We had about 15 shaky minutes when Dan dropped the boys off. The older boys went right to dumping the toys and Peyton stayed back and cried. Bob and I just kept watching television. Soon, Peyton came to the end of the couch crying and peeked at us. We didn't push anything, just let him work it out. Soon he was into the toys with the other two and no more tears.
Of course there were Happy Meals. The older two ate theirs right away. Peyton just sucked ketchup off his french fries. He must not have an appetite when he is away from Mom and Dad.
Soon it was 8:00 and time for bed. I made one giant bed in the middle of the living room and put Peyton between the other two. Their Dad had sent a few of their favorite DVD's and I put one in, turned the lights out and waited. Nothing happened.
I'm not saying they went to sleep, I'm saying Peyton didn't cry. Damien went right to sleep. After 3 DVD's I turned to the news channel. Told the two "owls" they had their chance to watch their shows to fall asleep with and they blew it. My turn.
Still no crying. This wasn't boring enough to put them to sleep ! The last time I looked at the clock it was 10:45 and they were still awake ! I fell asleep. I woke up once at 2:00 and couldn't"t see Peyton !!! Panic !! I found him asleep around the corner of the couch. Put him back in the "bed" and went back to sleep.
All three were awake by 6:00. I turned on the cartoon channel and told them it was still night time and they had to stay in bed. That lasted until 7:00.
I took 50 plus pictures. deleted the really bad ones. Down to 49. How to choose 3 or 4, so as not to bore anybody. Solution. Slide show. Make you look at all of them. Enjoy.
Mom came at 10:15 they all went home. Geeeeze. The house was quiet.
We are going to try this again.
2 comments:
Good slideshow Grandma. It was so quiet in the house after they left it made me miss them probably before they got home.
Love them and all the other little rascals in our family!!
Grandpa
Glad you got it all figured out!
Post a Comment