On my last picture, it is me. It was taken spring/summer of 1967. I was pregnant with Casey. I remember that top very well. Green with all colors of flowers. One of my very first maternity tops. I thought it was so pretty.
I found it in my fathers wallet along with the picture I have posted now of my mother. I am sure the one of me must have been taken in one of those booths where you got 4 in a strip. I wonder where the others ever went.
I have never seen the one of my mother before. (That I can remember.) I am sure it too was taken in one of those booths. Anybody out there have the the other 3? My parents were married in May of 1942, right after dad was drafted into WW II. He shipped out soon after. That leads me to believe it was taken pre 1942. She would have been 22 years old then. Dad, 35.
The picture is badly worn on the top and two sides, so I cropped it. You may not be able to tell, but she is wearing a hat and what looks like a dress suit. For all I know, it could have been her wedding picture.
2 comments:
WOW! She looks JUST LIKE YOU, Mom. But yet this looks NOTHING LIKE KELLIE OR ME! How strange.
Very pretty! I bet she could glare just like you, could you somehow get those two pictures right next to each other on your blog?
She never had the "look". I tried to put them side by side, but it didn't work. If you can tell me how to do it, I will.
Good guess Kellie.
Post a Comment