Oct 20, 2009

PINK IT WAS NOT

Jerry is right. Gene's suit WAS NOT pink. I have never had a black and white picture come out tinted like that. It must be my back ground color that made it look pink.

It was the picture from the front of their 50Th wedding anniversary open house invitation in September of 2001.

Bob had the situation totally under control. He kept me informed of when the big day was and what weekend to keep open. I left it completely in his hands. (What WAS I thinking?)

The Sunday before the big event, Bob announced that he thought he would give Lorreta a call and see how she was doing.

Her first question was - - - "How was Gene & Ginny's open house?".

Yes, he had the date wrong. Yes, we missed it.

We still talk about it occasionally and he has no idea how he got it so wrong. Needless to say, I no longer rely on him as my only source for information concerning upcoming events. Invitations are kept where we can check them at a moments notice.

14 comments:

Colleen said...

Mom, is that you in 1967?

Anonymous said...

Bob must have been all messed up due to the 9/11 event. We could not go either as Janet had fractured her shoulder in seven places and was living in the recliner for the next couple months. She wanted me to go by myself but the airlines were all grounded. I felt bad for Gene that neither of his brothers were there. Jerry

Bobbie said...

You had a very good reason. Bobs explanation just sounded worse every time he told somebody. We really do feel bad for missing it and wish we had been there.

As for your question Colleen.

Noooope.

Anonymous said...

Well, knowing Uncle Gene, he forgave everyone who ditched his party. As to the picture of my mother, who is quite attractive in this picture (looks like me), I will guess 1970?

-Kellie

Bobbie said...

Noooope.

Colleen said...

The hair and the nose being so close to the mouth made me second guess whether it was mom or not. It's not Marilyn.

It's either Mom or a Hartford that I don't recognize

Anonymous said...

Is that Marilyn??? If so,now I know why you say I look like her!

-Kellie

Anonymous said...

Okay, I looked again, it's not Marily, it's mom. So, we just need to guess the date.

So, 1968?

-Kellie

Bobbie said...

You are right Kellie. Now the date. It is between Colleen's guess and yours. Given enough time (or guesses)and you will get it right.

Colleen said...

Umm... it's between 1967 AND 1968. Or between 1967 and 1970.

Can I get a hint? Are you wearing a maternity dress in this picture?

Anonymous said...

Must have been 1969. If she was pg, it was with me. And I've never thought I looked like mom until I've seen this picture. I'm a dead ringer for her!

-Kellie

Anonymous said...

is number 19 your mother?

-Kellie

Anonymous said...

Colleen had 1967 right on the first guess!

-Kellie

P.S. I love you mom.

Anonymous said...

Remember the trip to the store and the car that followed us around? We so wanted to stop and get out so they could see 2 very pregnant "ol married ladies"!!!!! Sherry