Apr 14, 2008

Ants and Stuff

The ants are still here. I think we have four traps out. Seems like the little devils don't like them or they are multiplying faster than the traps can handle them. I continue to chase them with Raid.. Only problem is, I don't know which direction to go anymore. They are now on the north, south, east and west walls and floor.

The weekend is over and it was back to work last night at 11:00. The weather was nothing to brag about. Cloudy, cold and windy. Sunny, cold and windy. Rumor is: A warm up coming as soon as Tuesday. I think that was put out by a weatherman who doesn't know April Fool's Day has come and gone.

We did have a great time Saturday. Sr. Donata was to have come up to spend the weekend with Meg. She hurt her back or hip, I'm not sure which, and was not able to make that long ride. Here Meg was with all this food, so she invited Bob and I, along with Ginny, for lunch. It was a feast !! I ate so much I almost couldn't eat dessert. Notice I said almost. I forced myself to eat homemade apple pie with ice cream. I didn't eat another meal all day, and it took me all night at work before I even felt hungry again.

After Megs, Bob dropped me off at Walgreen's. I needed to make some Cd's so I could empty my memory card. Their machine said I had 1,011 pictures on it. I didn't want that many on one CD, so I started making them by event. When I got home, I put my memory card into my computer and it said I had 1,436 pictures on it. Must have been too many for Walgreen's machine to register. When I got done deleting all the ones I had copied, I still had 368 pictures on my card. Will have to go back because I want it emptied before this weekend.

That pretty much was the extent of my weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i left a comment but I think I hit the wrong thing and lost it so I will try again.
I told you the ants would swarm once the bate was out. The ants take it back to the colony which kills the rest of them. If you kill them before they make it back it won't work.
These colonies are HUGE. That is the reason for so many coming in for the goodies.
Glad you enjoyed Megs cooking. I am still hurting and had a rough night Friday again last night. I have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon so hope to get some relief then.

Anonymous said...

Mom, you've sure had your fair share of woes lately! Did Dad tell you Spence has got the blitz under control?

-Love Ya,

Kellie

Colleen said...

I'm thrilled to hear that you're clearing out the memory stick, that was not fun sorting through them!