It has been one long day. Seems like not too many people knew what was going to happen. I sure didn't. It all stared yesterday when the surgeon realized he didn't have the heart Doctor's report on whether or not Bob was fit for surgery. The heart Doctor was on vacation, so they had to get another one to look at Bob's chart and give the OK. This is after he had seen his "primary" for his pre-op physical. Seems like all these doctors have to have a piece of that insurance money. Then the hospital called with routine info on admission. They thought he was only coming in as an out patient. Admissions this morning thought he was an overnighter and Bob claimed his Doctor said he would be in for a few days. I still didn't know much.
Bob lead me to believe this was a short 1/2 to 1 hour surgery. He also lead me to believe that the doctor would be using natures opening, if you know what I mean. After 2 1/2 hrs. I was really fit to be tied. I finally was told he was still in surgery and things were going well. At 4:15 they put me in a small waiting room and told me the doctor would be right in. Thirty minutes later I was still waiting . Not impressed with the Doctor or the hospital for that matter.
I finally got to see Bob at 6:00 P.M., 5 hours after surgery. Two knee replacements and a heart bypass were faster than this. They did a Left Laparoscopic Robotic Assisted Dismembered Pyeloplasty procedure. It means they poked holes in him, inserted cameras and operated that way. Bob claims they used five holes, but I could only find four. Funny. After knee replacement and bypass surgery they have you up the same day. Now he can't get up for 24 hr. He can have one cup of ice water every 8 hr.
Bob really looked rough when I saw him. His back was bothering him a lot. They think it is from the hard operating table. Otherwise Bob says to tell you he isn't in a lot of pain. ( I say wait 24 hrs. and ask again.) I left a little after 9:00. He was trying to watch the Kansas game but couldn't stay awake for any length of time.
Will post more tomorrow.....
5 comments:
Thanks for the update. Tell him hi for me when you see him next time.
Donata
poor guy - hope he is feeling better and the hospital has their act together today for you guys.
GO BIG RED.
Are you guys back yet?
Hey there,
I hope that Bob is back at home now and feeling better! I will be praying for a speedy recovery!
Love,
Leigh
Is it tomorrow yet? I am hoping everything is all right over there and recovery is going well for both of you.
God bless,
j-bug
Post a Comment