The "fixers" got here late yesterday afternoon. It was a 2 man job. One stayed in the house and held what looked like a board over the dryer vent opening. The other went to the backyard to where the vent exits the house. Don't know how to describe what he used. It looked like it was attached to a long garden hose. It was a cord, with some kind of head on it. He forced it into the vent over and over, and would release high pressure air through this thing. It would then blow the plugged lint backwards, to the outside of the house. I was sitting on the patio steps and Bob was near me. WRONG place to be!! Bob retreated to a bench near the shed and I had to go in for a few minutes to get out of the dust. The man doing the job even had to quit a couple of times to get some fresh air. This thing was like a sewer snake and eventually made it all the way into the house where it hit the board the other guy was holding. That is how they tell if they got all the way. Not very high tech. I was kinda bummed. But it worked !! You should have seen our yard ! They did make an effort to clean up some of the lint in the flower bed and in the yard. I was impressed. The guy said this was one of the worst he has ever seen. Most don't get this bad. Probably didn't take them over 30 minutes. Our next "fixers" come Monday to clean out the dryer. I don't intend to follow "Somebody's" suggestion and go shopping. I guess I will do a trip to the Laundromat sometime. Later.
2 comments:
You guys were soooo lucky to not have had a fire...you certainly had "angels" watching over you!!
God bless,
junebug
It's sad when you have to go IN to your house to get fresh air!
Post a Comment