OK. Another day and not so bad at work. That is if you don't mind sitting thru an hour long meeting on hazardous waste. What you have to do is plan ahead. Go to the restroom, pick up a cold drink, dash outside and hope it is colder than (something), and show up for the meeting. Hopefully all of the above will help you stay awake. I did see three drifting off and one fidgeting like he forgot the restroom stop. Oh well.
Then there was more bad news. As if we need more. Another whole department is to be shut down and the product is going somewhere else. Any guesses? Of course. MEXICO. When I started working there, we had 2,000 employees. Before this cut we had 438. All those jobs went---you guessed it. MEXICO. I am now a janitor (and it takes 21 years to be able to hold it) in the offices. I get into all of the engineers offices every night to do my thing, and I get to see the returns and customer complaints that are laying around. If we had produced some of those belts or hoses it would have been traced back to the individual, and a major letter issued. More than one and you were in deep doo-doo.
You might want to read packaging real close on all items you purchase. If not made in USA, I would beware. Standards are not the same as they are here!!!!
Tonight? Oh I have another exciting one in store. I have another hour long certification meeting to look forward to. I just told you the routine so you know how I will prepare.
Other than that, all's quiet on the home front. Except of course our youngest daughter is back from vacation in Jamaica. I went 5 whole days without her usual morning phone calls, and now I have to adjust back to that routine. I think I will adjust real fast.
2 comments:
If the phone calls are hard to adjust to, I could just quit calling every day! Nah, I like to bore you to death...
I remember all those silly meetings. Then they give you a silly HAZMAT quiz with at least one trick question and you wonder what would happen if you just scribbled all over it instead of filling it out.
My favorite saftey meetings involved the short films that showed people getting impaled with forklifts or limb injuries with squirting blood. At least you wanted to stay awake to see how lame they could become. Always good for a belly laugh.
Did they have any lectures on how to make crayons look like rubber, yet? ;-P
Bobbie, what department was just cut. How many employees does that leave?
Sister Angelene's nephew works there also. Sister thinks he has 25 years or is close to it. It is so sad to see this happening to so many companies.
Take care. Donata
Post a Comment