Apr 21, 2008

"Grandsons"

Well, another weekend has come and gone. They go so fast. Had 2 of the grand kids Saturday night. Damien came earlier in the afternoon and couldn't wait for Shannon to get here. That is all he could talk about. Finally Shannon got here !!. Shannon wouldn't talk to him or acknowledge him in any way except to holler no if Damien asked him if he wanted to play. Shannon went to the toy cars and stayed there for 2 hours while Damien tried to play and figure out what was wrong. It was really sad. Don't know what changed, but while they were eating supper, Shannon decided he would talk to Damien. From that point on they played non stop, running through the house laughing and screaming. Then it was on to baths, in Grandma's whirlpool tub, and what a mess!!!! Water on the walls, floor and anywhere else when little boys turn the jets up instead of down.

Then on to bed. I made a big bed on the living room floor so they could watch videos until they fell asleep. I had asked Jen to send some videos with Damien because my supply has somehow diminished. Shannon and Damien were looking at them when Shannon went nuts. Batman ! Batman ! Batman! "Mom won't let me watch that because it is too violent!!!" Thank you Grandma, thank you Grandma thank you Grandma!!!! " I figured, what the heck. If It was rated PG13, and it was, why not? After all, I had seen some of the games Shannon was playing on the computer and on his DS thingee. So I thought,here goes!! (What Grandma does when Grand kids are here, stays here.)

At 10:00, I thought I was was home free. They both looked like they were out cold. I turned the TV off. WRONG !!!!! Two voices hollered, Grandma !!!!!!! It was on to choice number two. Schoo Be Doo. Don't ask me how to spell it, I only know how to put it in the DVD player and make it go. By 11:00, it was for sure. They were dead to the world. I chose to sleep on the couch in case one of them would need anything.

Maybe that isn't entirely correct. Maybe I was subconsciously remembering the last time Shannon stayed here. I made a bed on the floor for him and his brothers, just like this time. They did their best trying to stay awake all night. Sometime after I went to bed, when I thought they were all out for the night, Shannon got up, and in his sleep, thought my toy basket was the restroom. I found the mess after they had left. Want to know how I spent my Sunday morning? You guessed it !!! Washing a basket full of toys !!!

And that, was my weekend.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

It's a bummer Uncle Danny didn't hook up with everybody at the Spring Game, then Damien and Shannon could have gotten acquainted before then.

Shannon and Spencer were actually getting along great on Saturday, go figure.

JunesHGP said...

The "Toybox Toilet" - I know it prob. wasn't at the time - but sounds hilarious now.
I wonder how come I never heard that story?!?!?

~junebug