May 21, 2008

Shifts

This morning we had our youngest 3 grand kids while "mom" had a tooth pulled. Our daughter-in-law's mother's day was a day from _ _ _ _.. She had a tooth ache that wouldn't go away. Not having a dentist, she couldn't get anybody to see her on an emergency basis. She wasn't able to find a dentist who would see her until Tuesday. By that time her tooth was infected, and they wouldn't do anything. Go home, take antibiotics for a week and come back.

We always have a great time taking care of the kids, but something happened since they were here last. Peyton, the youngest , has always been so sweet and fun to watch. Since his last visit, he has decided he is a mommas boy. Peace lasted 5 minutes. From that point on, he cried for 105 minutes. Straight. I told grandpa we were taking shifts. Five minutes each........ We walked, we rocked, we tried bottle and I even tried changing a dry diaper. Damien and Raidyn had a ball. The poor little guy finally fell asleep on my lap, but managed to cry in his sleep. Soooo pathetic.

Mom got here at 9:15, not looking too good herself, and wasted no time in getting her boys home. Little Peyton was still crying on her shoulder in his sleep as they left.

Long morning for Grandpa and Grandma !! Longer day for mom ??

14 comments:

Colleen said...

Poor Jen!

Anonymous said...

That's so sad. I hope Jenn is feeling better. What's up with the family and all the dental work this week?

Spencer's lost 3 teeth this past 2 weeks, Shannon lost his 1st tooth at the dentist, Colleen had 2 root canals, and Jenn had an abcessed tooth pulled. Yikes, stay away from me! I don't want to catch it!

-Kellie

Colleen said...

To change the subject, I love the angel picture you have for Carley, with the harp and rosy cheeks!!!

JunesHGP said...

I was thinking the same thing Kellie.
Yikers.

Sounds like a loooong day for many.

Get some rest.

Bobbie said...

I am afraid I was too close to Jen yesterday. Hope it isn't catching !!! I don't do dentists well at all.

Bobbie said...

I like the picture too. Since we aren't sure what she might really have looked like, her picture will change every now and again. She just won't get older.

Bobbie said...

Penner forgot to tell me he had lost 3 teeth !!!! I remember when he thought that was a big deal......

Colleen said...

Carley would have looked just like us, remember? She had our nose and fingers.

Bobbie said...

Only very , very tiny. On her they were cute. Us? Maybe not so cute.

Bobbie said...

Nose

Colleen said...

Ditto on the nose. She wasn't photogenic either, for that matter. Yikes, poor thing!

Bobbie said...

She would have been more photogenic than either of us had, she been able to stick around a while. Would have made us look worse than we really are.

On second thought, check out her picture in my list. How much more photogenic can you get?

Looks sweet to me. :) :)

Mom

Anonymous said...

She kinda looked like her Aunt Kells. Love the new picture Grandma.

Bobbie said...

Bet I can guess who wrote this post and didn't sign it. Love you too.