Oct 31, 2008

BRIBE




(My pencil Sharpeners.)

The definition of a bribe in the dictionary I am reading as I write is:

bribe - noun----1:money or favor given or promised to a person in a position of trust to influence his ( or her) judgement or conduct. 2: something that serves to induce or influence.
Last week I got a package in the mail. Safely wrapped were 9 perfect miniature die cast pencil sharpeners. (My most affordable collection.) Inside was a note. "THIS IS NOT A BRIBE". Now really, what does that make you think of first ??? It went on to say "I want your girls to know I am "really" a nice person. Signed, CAROL.

I have never accepted a bribe in my life. (Of course I have never been offered one before either.) As I was taking a picture of "my" pencil sharpeners this morning in preparation to post on my blog about Carol, the darn phone rings. We have this silly phone that tells you who is calling on the second ring. Before I could get to it, it said "you have a Florida call". I thought, "What the heck !!". How did she know I was thinking of her and going to write about her ????? (By the way, I haven't had time to send her a thank you note.)
She asks about the package and of course I said I loved them. (Which I do !!) The pipe organ is my absolute favorite !! Didn't know they made them !! Then she tells me she went to another garage sale and found more. Another package is coming....

I haven't really accepted this bribe. You might say, as I write this, I am gambling that the package will be in the mail before she reads this.

Then I will get an e-mail from her saying she can't remember how to read the comments. Then she will e-mail me saying she can't remember how to comment on the blog. You know the routine.

By that time I should have my package !! And I don't have to worry about whether or not to "take" a bribe. Right ??

Sooooo. I can talk about her. The package is in the mail. She can't take it back. She can't read the comments. She doesn't know how to comment. I didn't accept a bribe and I got the "goodies"!! Sound like a politician don't I ??

She also sent a picture of Bob and I at the Pittsburgh NALCC convention. I love this picture, as I have so few pictures of Bob and I together. I am usually the one behind the camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, love the new look of your blog! I also love the new pencil sharpeners.

-Kellie