Oct 6, 2008

Up - Date

I should get my surplus notice when I go in tonight. They were getting rid of 5 of us, but have cut it back to 4. Don't matter. It still cuts me.

We had a meeting Friday morning with the plant manager as he felt the "need" to inform us of why this cut back is necessary. He gave us this important tale about the "footprint" of the plant and where we needed to be in area sq. ft.of the plant to actual production sales. Someone said it better than I can. Footprint my _ _ _ !! Sounds like the boot to me !!

I went to the Union Hall this morning to make sure of my options. I was so relieved to find out that three of the scariest jobs were indeed waiveable. Meaning I by pass those and go on to the next low man in the plant. I also got a bit of great news. Due to a bit of good luck ( in this plant?) I am considered qualified in PD final. The job I held before this was being eliminated and PD absorbed it. Combined is the correct word. Those that were qualified in white bands are automatically qualified in PD final. By no means do I know the job. I would be going in without a clue and have to be trained. Just means I am qualified.

I will wait until my turn in the employment office to make up my mind. Bottom man could be great. OR...... It could be my worst nightmare. If I bump PD final, it would more than likely just be a stopping point. I would be second from the bottom and it would only take two previously qualified people to bump me out.

You can almost bet that I would be bumped if I was so fortunate to get it. In the next two months PD is moving to a new area. Environmentally controlled. That means. AIR CONDITIONED !!!!! People in the plant will kill for that.

I wonder if I will even want to go to work Wednesday night (my Thursday night).

SO..... instead of facing only one choice, I now have two. Bottom man or PD for however long it might last.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Not too many people are qualified in PD final, right? Hose people rarely went into PD back in the day, so maybe you do have some really good leverage. Until the next shoe drops...

If you do get back there, tell everybody I said "hey!"

You could always go get your feet broken, I mean fixed...

Bobbie said...

Moe than you think.

Seems like they are coming out of the woodwork....

People like me, that nobody thought of..........