Jan 12, 2009

Dr. Appointment

I had my Dr. appointment last Wednesday morning. They took the rod and the stitches out. The Doctor really didn't lie about it not being a big deal to remove the rod. I definitely had a sensation, kinda like it was really numbed . I could feel him wiggling it as he pulled it out, but no pain. I thought he would use that yellow ball to pull it out. Wrong. He used a sharp instrument to poke that black dot on the ball and it came right off the rod. Then he took a pliers and pulled the rod out.

The stitches, on the other hand, were another story! The first two almost sent me through the roof. Keep in mind that they had been in for four full weeks and the foot was still very swollen. You could barely see some of them and the nurse had to go looking for the rest. Four incisions. Thought she would never get done.

I took my camera to get a picture of my foot with the cast off before they put the next one on. Two batteries in my little camera bag. Both dead. It would have been an ugly picture and not one I would have posted !

I said no pain. But. I have been pretty much uncomfortable since then. I don't know if this cast is too tight or that pulling the rod caused everything to swell. Toes, foot, ankle and even the leg seem to throb and feel too tight in the cast at times. I keep the Tylenol close and take it often. I also spend a lot of time on the couch with the foot up.

In case you are wondering, this cast is black. Don't think Bob likes it as well as the red one.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Yuck.

Anonymous said...

I almost missed Colleens comment. Her one liners are easy to miss. I left a message this morning on your last blog. I don't want to repeot it so am asking you to look back at it. Any comments??
Donata

JunesHGP said...

Well, look at the bright side of things - black is supposed to make things look smaller - right?

(I know - I am in trouble for the smart alleck comment - apparently snow makes me very onery)

:0)

Colleen said...

It's in honor of the Black Shirts, right?