Jan 16, 2009

Pin

Here is a closeup of the pin and ball they took out of my toe. I couldn't believe it when they asked if I would like to have it.

It measured 3 1/2 inches long. A 1/4 in. in the ball. Another 1/4 inch space to my toe, and 3 inches inside of the toe.

Bob asked the Doctor how they got it inside of the toe. The Doctor said he drilled it in.

I will leave Bob in the waiting room next time if he is going to ask questions like that. Too much information.

9 comments:

Colleen said...

OMG! When you said pin, I was thinking straight pin. That is just disgusting!!!

Bobbie said...

After i read your comment, I had to go back and look at the picture.

It is a straight pin !!

Three inches worth.

Colleen said...

Straight pin. As in 1" pin used to join fabric before sewing...

I AM a wuss. I bet they'd have had to put you under if they'd told you they were getting ready to remove a 3 1/2" pin from your foot. I know I would have demanded it.

Bobbie said...

Dad and I could tell by the x-ray that it was about three inches long so weren't surprised.

Going to sleep was not an option.

One good pair of pliers and a firm grip was all it took.

That and six days of swelling.

JunesHGP said...

Yuck. Defintely something you want to know about after the fact....
Men, they won't go to a dr for themselves...but take with you and they ask all the questions....go figure.

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly the doctor gave me the "pin" they took out of my toe several years ago. I have no idea where it is now. Mine was in the big toe and they did have trouble getting it out. It felt like they were screwing it out.
Donata

Anonymous said...

Yikes,

This is another reason they do not want you to put any weight on the foot. Good job mama!

-Kellie

Colleen said...

Ready for them to pull a pin out of the left foot now?

Ugg.

Anonymous said...

I saw the "pin" in person. I would say it looks like a looooooong skinny nail.

-Kellie

p.s. It really is 3.5 inches long.

Mom's not a wuss.