Yes I am posting again. It was quite a challenge to figure out how to get to the basement without killing myself. I was too scared to go down on crutches. Just knew I was going to fall. I finally got to where I would go to the steps going upstairs, sit on the step and scoot on my butt down the steps, pushing my crutches ahead of me. By the time I got to the computer, I was too darn tired to blog. Then there was the trip back upstairs. It took me about three trips like this and I said ENOUGH. No way could I do this for 14 more weeks!
Bob and I went out the day after Christmas to Best Buy. They just happened to have a wheel chair and Bob pushed me around the store in that. He never did get the hang of driving it. Kept forgetting about my foot and even ran me into one of the counters. The foot rests were also broken on the darn thing so it was all I could do to keep my foot from falling under the wheel and watch where Bob was going too.
I got a lap top. An HP model. Nice little machine. No more scooting down the stairs. I just get comfy on the couch and turn it on. Colleen even talked me through getting Aim downloaded so I can see and talk to them. The boys can put on quite a show.
I figure with all the time I am going to have on my hands, I might even teach Bob how to get around on it. Just not right away. I will have to pray for patience first and hope my prayers are answered.
Have been thinking about a comment somebody made on an earlier post of mine. Just thinking. I have a smart come back, it just hasn't come to me yet.
Later Jerry.
2 comments:
Dad pushing YOU around in a wheelchair... that makes a funny picture in my head.
I just heard last night that Goodyear layed off 18 more people. Rob Schram is still working but is scheduled for shoulder surgery later this month. It was an on job enjury.
Have you heard anything?
I don't know what department was affected.Hope all is going well with your foot. When do you have the next one done? Donata
Post a Comment