For those of you who have these in your homes, I am telling you now, please get rid of them !!!!!! They are sooooo very dangerous. We had one explode in our living room Friday night. By the time Casey got downstairs, the damage was done. So fast !!! Bob didn't hear it, nor did I.
My sofa is burned. My love seat is burned. I counted 30 burns on our living room carpet. I say 30 because I was too sick to my stomach to look any further. The pieces flew about 10 feet from where the lamp was sitting. Landing everywhere. I was able to find 2 pieces of the actual bulb. It looks like the rest just melted into whatever they landed on.
If you have them, I suggest you put them out for the garbage man right away. We will be calling our insurance man tomorrow, and I suspect, I don't know why, we will be paying a bundle. Seems to work that way. Don't know why we pay for homeowners insurance. Could have been worse I guess. We could have had an all out blaze !!!!
4 comments:
I bet that was scary - glad things weren't any worse.
Is that the stand up lamp in the corner? Freaky!
I had heard of this happening to people before. Glad you are all safe.
Donata
Don't know if it would be called the one in the corner. It is the one between the couch and the love seat.
Mom
Post a Comment