May 22, 2008

Miss Named Blog

I am really beginning to think I might have picked a better name for my blog. "Stupid People" would have been more appropriate. It is just that I have so much ammunition from the people I work around. I don't mean the peons, I mean the big shots.

I promised another story on stupid people, but since that, 2 stories have come up. I will deal with one now, and another later. The "view" was back in last night. He was doing windows in some very tight and scary places, so I checked on him often. Don't any of you dare give me any flack, saying I was just there for the "view". This really is a safety issue !!!!

This brings me to the topic of "stupid people". Why has he been in? A department head decided he wanted windows washed. I don't mean inside cubicle windows, I mean inside windows facing the outdoors. Not the outsides, as we are 2 stories up, just the insides. These windows haven't been washed in 20 years, if ever... I challenge all of you to get up at 3:00 A.M., go to an outside facing window with the idea you are going to wash it. What do you see? Black. Nothing else. You wash it, think it looks great and forget it until morning.

Then the sun comes up. Then you see the streaks . Then you see the dirt still on the inside of the window you thought looked pretty good. Then you see the dirt on the outside of the window.

As a department head, if you saw the results of the first nights job, would you continue to pay someone $35 plus an hour to wash windows????

Not me !!!! But then again, I am not a department head either.

I am a peon.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Being a peon with a set job and set salary has got to be better than being a manager, in my book.

Imagine trying to get something done around there and having your review and salary be based on your actual achievements. (I've worked there, you can't achieve ANYTHING.)

Of course, that's why upper management is so good at kissing ***. You gotta get ahead somehow, right?

I'd better shut up now so I don't get you fired. Nobody there knows about your blog, right?

Bobbie said...

I kiss nothing but Grandpa. That is why I want to stay a "peon". I tell nobody I have a blog but friends. Anyway, I am Grandma, which would apply to most of the women who can still hold a job there. Have a nice day !

Mom