Jun 2, 2008

Dodge Ram Vs. Neon

This is a no brainer, right???? Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

For some reason, I know not what, Bob left his car parked in the driveway yesterday. Not all the way on his half either, and I didn't know it.

You already know what is coming don't you? I hit the "darn" thing when I left for work last night. Just his side view mirror hit my truck. No damage to the "darn" thing that I could see. My truck???

Wellllllllll, it knocked the tail light plum off. Then it put a nasty little gouge in my truck. I took it to my favorite body shop guy ( happens to be my son-in-law, Denny) this morning. He saw me pull in and came out to meet me and first thing he says is, "I see you've got a boo boo". I was tempted to tell him what I called it, but I didn't.

Then I proceeded to tell him that it was his father-in-laws fault. I told him the whole story , you know. How Bob's little Neon hit my Dodge Ram truck? He just listened quietly and smiled at me through my whole sad story. About this time, I began to feel like maybe he was humoring me. I don't really remember him taking my side. Ummm, but then I casually asked how much it would cost to fix my truck. Then the polite smile vanished and he very business like said , between $600 and $700 dollars. He said they would write it up and give us a call and we could bring it in. I said "Bob" could bring it in. He said, "We will give him a ride home". I said "He could wait all day for it".

Bob may need to get a part time job to pay for this boo boo !!!!!

9 comments:

Colleen said...

You gonna leave Dad there if it's a two day repair? :)

Ummm.... the Neon hit the Ram???

Bobbie said...

I shouldn't? Of course, the Neon hit the Ram. What else could have happened??????

Anonymous said...

Kind of reminds me of the day the highway patrolmans private car hit the back end of the ram and dented the bumper, while the car was parked on the street.Mean Neon owner.

Colleen said...

Neons are thoughtless little vehicles, but Rams are monsters... and fragile at that!

Maybe you need to put a deer-guard on the BACK of the truck. Then the Neons and State Patrol cars of the world will be the ones to take on some damage.

Colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ummm, if you leave Dad there, and the truck isn't done within the day, does Denny have to bring him to our house until its done?

-Kellie

Anonymous said...

I thought you kids used to tell me Mom had eyes in the back of her head.

Bobbie said...

Bob....

I know that was you talking about the highway patrolman's car. I notice you didn't sign it. That too was not my fault. I was afraid of being hit and Riley getting hurt. As it turned out, it was an educational "event" for Riley. He got to play in a real policeman's car while I got my ticket. He had a ball. So, there....

Colleen said...

I asked her what happened to the eyes in the back of her head myself after she told me about the incident.

Mine are still working, just ask Shannon!

You got a ticket??? Tsk.