Jun 14, 2008

Meg and Bob

Bob saw Meg yesterday morning. They had removed some fluid and she was feeling much better. Bob and I stopped on our way to check him in. Her door was closed and the nurse thought she was napping so we left. Don't know any other news there.

Got Bob checked in at 1:30, right on time. Other than the IV it was 2 hours of not stop paper work. What is wrong with this world? You should have seen the size of the notebook she was writing in !! All she did was flip pages and write. She did see me nodding off and shivering. (Colder than heck in there.) She wheeled in a recliner, got me a pillow and a blanket straight from the oven. I tried to doze and she continued writing in "that" notebook.

He went in around 3:50. I went and had a you know what, stopped in the cafeteria to get a pop and went right back to his room. He was already back and eating crackers. The whole thing took 20 minutes. The nurse kept on writing. She finally stopped and said she was tired of that book. She opened it up, removed 3/4 of it and took it to a cabinet out in the hall. Then she kept on writing. If it wasn't important, why was it there? What will they ever do with it all ? And will anybody ever read any of it?

In less than an hour the nurse told me I could go get the car. Bob told her he wanted to go visit his sister before he went home. She told him he could see her tomorrow and he needed to go home. Said when the pain pill wore off he would be hurting. We did stop at the drug store and get a perscription filled for more pain pills and came straight home. Good thing. By that time, he was miserable. Had a very uncomfortable night.

It is early, so I don't know if he is going to want to go see Meg today or not. If not I will go up myself. Just have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Hmm... I know you've been up this morning but nobody is answering the phones. Nobody answered them yesterday or last night, either. Is there a strike going on, were you just too tired to deal with it after being up all day, or am in the dog house?

Glad to see they're both okay.

Bobbie said...

We have been home all the time . Knew someone was calling once when dad talked to Shannon, but caller ID didn't pick it up. Other than that, don't know why you couldn't get us. I just didn't think to turn cell on at the hospital.

Anonymous said...

That first pee was something else. For a short time I thought it was September. ( Go big red ) Go big red! Then it started to clear up. By saturday I was doing much better. Only going a lot. Still have to get to the bathroom when the urge to pee hits. Kind of sore in my bladder yet. Wednesday I get my Coloniscopy. Tomorrow get cleaned out. Be glad when its all over and hope they dont find something bad in there.

Old irish