Jun 3, 2008

Younger drivers/Etc.

What is it with younger drivers? Did they not read and study their drivers manual? Did they not understand what hand signals are? Two mornings in a row, I put my arm out my window, signaled a right turn and slowed. Both mornings, and one was in heavy rain, cars rode my bumper right up until I turned. Did they even know what it meant? Did they think I was going to make a "gesture", or what? I want my turn signals fixed !!!! Probably more than my gouge. I am really afraid of a ticket for failure to signal a turn. My favorite body shop guy said, " Oh, they will only give you a fix it ticket." Never heard of a "fix it" ticket. Sounds like a bribe. Wonder if he was pulling my leg. He is capable of it. The way my luck runs, it would be one with a BIG fine.

To answer your question Kellie. If my truck is an overnighter, Denny will need to take your dad home with him. Don't worry. He isn't fussy. Steak, pork chops or meat loaf. Add mashed or baked potato and your green bean casserole and he will be just fine. Then lead him to your couch for his nap, and he won't even know he's not home.

Spell check. The spell check on this blog bugs the heck out of me. (Now that I found out how to use it.) Aol is so user friendly. If it "don't " like my language, I can hit "learn it". This spell check "don't" like my language and doesn't give me that option. Really now.... What is wrong with kinda, gotcha and overnighter? These are everyday (American) terminology. This blogs spell check "don't" like them and won't learn them.

We had another brief and fast storm come in last night. Some lightning and thunder show we had. It hailed pretty good for about five minutes. First time I had ever been in the offices when it hailed. Impressive the noise it made hitting all of those windows !!! I just stayed in the isle in case they started breaking. (Prayed they wouldn't until 1st shift when somebody else would have to deal with them.)

Don't have much else to comment on this morning. Gonna (take that spell check) go read my e-mails.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was halfway through a comment awhen it disappeared from the face of the earth, so I'll try again.It has already been a frustrating morning. The Family Forum is down again. Yesterday when it was down I put Yours and Bob's in my favorite sites so I could access them when the Forum was down.
It has been so lond since I have had to use or even thought about hand signals that I probably wouldn't recognise them either and I am far from being "young". I guess I had better get out my manual and brush up on signals before I encounter someone with no turn signals.

Thanks for your updates on Meg. It is always good to get Bob's perspective on things. Tell him to give me a call sometime. I would like to talk with him about my visit this coming weekend. Donata

Colleen said...

The funny thing about younger drivers, not only do they not recognize hand signal, they don't comprehend those pesky turn signals that actually come with the vehicle, either!

Love the 'How to Take Care of Dad,' section. You forgot toast and pills for breakfast, though.

I'm gettin' 'kinda' tired, I should go take a nap...

Anonymous said...

I can do meat loaf, but I'm outta chops and outta steak!

-Kellie

JunesHGP said...

Fun blog today!!!

Anonymous said...

I dare say most of the driversin Joplin, young or old, don't know what the turn signals on the car are for.
They also don't know what red lights at intersections are for. We have more than our share of accidents involving people running red lights. Donata