Kellie recently got information about her upcoming class reunion. A classmate had a web site along with his information. She read it and forwarded it to me.
It is a site for people who are ill and a way for them to cope with it and share their stories. Just last year we followed the progress of one of Shannon's classmates. Jenny lost her battle with cancer shortly before Christmas, leaving a husband and three children.
I am going to walk the Relay For Life in honor of T.J. Kellie will be in Minnesota on July 26th or she would walk with me. Being a third shifter, I will walk sometime in the middle of the night, the hardest times to get volunteers.
I am putting a link to his story below if you would like to read it.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tjochsner
I have pledged $100 dollars. If anyone would like to sponsor me, send cash or a check made out to the American Cancer Society. I have $5.00 from Lynda Brown at work, so am only $95.00 away from my goal. I will turn in my pledge the night I walk.
My mother passed away from cancer 47 years ago and it seems like we are no closer to a cure now than we were then.
Maybe soon?
4 comments:
I lost the post half way through so I will start overagain. Caring Bridge is a wonderful sight. I first heard of it two years ago when two young children rom our church were diagnosed with leukemia. It was wonderful to be able to get updates and send messages to the family as they spent so much time at Childrens Mercy Hospital in KC.
They have put me in contact with other families who are struggling too. Some wonderful stories of faith and trust coming from these. Sorry to hear about your uncle. I am sure your aunt will be lost without him. Donata
There will be a check in the mail soon. You're down to $85!
I know TJ from when I worked at Wesleyan. I didn't know he went to school with Kellie.
Small world isn't it? Northeast grad.
He still works at Wesleyan when he is able.
Post a Comment