Oct 10, 2008

Code Blue

This is Kellie talking for mom. Disregard what she posted earlier. Dad's heart cath went okay... But the events quickly changed. After they went to shock his heart to get it back into rhythm, he flat-lined. They called a code blue.

Mom said she was in the waiting room when she heard...All Personnel... Code Blue Room.. She was up and heard 2.....0...... and was running before they said 8. They wouldn't let her in the room, and she said there were about 20 medical people in there working on him for what seemed like an eternity.

Shortly thereafter, they took him into surgery to get a pacemaker.

We are blessed that they were able to resuscitate him. He seems fine now, and all medical personnel that I've asked "Will this happen again?" have all reassured me that the pacemaker should prevent it from happening again. I am asking every person that comes into the room with a uniform on this question.

However, mom had the scare of her life today, and I don't think she will let him out of her sight for a while.

4 comments:

JunesHGP said...

Sooooooooo very glad to hear that everything, including Bob, is "fine now".

I will keep praying for all of you.

God bless,
June

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Kellie for this information. I have been calling everyone I could think of with some information trying to find out how the pacemaker went. Bob has been in my prayers all day and Bobbie as well. Thank God he is still with us. Tell him I think this probably strengthens the idea of premonition in his mind. We were just talking about this last evening. He is just so special in my life. My love to all of you in his family. Meg Burbach

Anonymous said...

Kellie, thanks for the detailed update. I am so thankful that if this was to happen, it happened while the staff was in the room. A quick response is critical. I love you all. Tell Bob I love him. I truely appreciated his daily calls during my recuperation. It is great to be home. Let us know when he gets home.
Donata

Anonymous said...

Bobbie,

I am so sorry that you had to go through that. It must have been terrifying for you. I am just glad that Kellie was able to get there to be with you. Give Bob a big hug for me and tell him that he can't go anywhere becuase he has a new baby to meet! We are going to be back in February so we will come and see you then!

Lots of Love,
Leigh