It has been a very depressing week or so around here. The situation at work sucks big time. I am moving. I just don't know where or the exact date. It might make first shift look like heaven when this is done.
Two weeks ago we had a population of 412 people in production on the floor. Down from 1,800 + 22 years ago. Last week they announced big cuts. We will probably go to, or below 300. Almost every department is going to take a "hit". Mine too. Rumor has it, anywhere from 2 to 5 people, which will cut me. Time to go job shopping. I only have 2 choices. Bottom man in the plant or previously qualified. Since all the jobs I am previously qualified on are in Mexico, and I don't speak Spanish, my choices are very limited. It will be the luck of the draw when I go in for a job.
Went to one of our local funeral homes this morning to pay my last respects to an awesome older gentleman. He was a security guard at Goodyear for the last few years and passed away Saturday. Cancer. Spread everywhere. He was 76 years old, and believe it or not, he quit less than 2 weeks ago. You might say he worked right up until the end. I will miss him.
2 comments:
I thought they had to keep at least 300 jobs in-plant for so many years?
Tu espanol es muy malo. No esta buena, mamacita...
WHO wants to change NAFTA?
Post a Comment